Wooden Bowl & Copper Teaspoon Workshop (intermediate)
We have teamed up with Clinkclankclunk to bring you this 2-in-1 wood and metal workshop! Get your hands dirty to make a solid wood bowl and hand hammered copper spoon!
Always wanted to understand how a wood lathe works but never got a chance? We now provide one to one wood lathe training to participants to ensure that they operate the machine safely and confidently!
We will also teach the fundamentals of metalsmithing and transform a raw copper sheet into an artisanal piece of cutlery.
For this intermediate workshop, participants will be guided one on one with our trainers for a safe and focused woodworking session. At the end of this session, learn to turn a simple mini bowl and copper teaspoon!
What will I learn?
- Understanding the fundamentals of operating a lathe machine
- Understanding the fundamentals of metalsmithing
- Metalsmithing techniques such as Chasing, Metal piercing, Repoussé, Metal Stamping and Metal Finishing
- How to use different hand tools and techniques for woodturning
- Safety tips and tricks to woodturning
- Proper sanding and oiling technique for woodwork
What machine/tools will be used in this workshop?
- Industry-standard wood lathe machine
- All personal PPE (personal protective equipment) will be provided
- Woodturning chisels
- Mitre Saw
- Band Saw
What will I bring home?
- A well finished mini bowl in mahogany wood
- Your very own handmade copper teaspoon
- Knowledge of using the wood lathe and various woodworking machines
- 20% discount to your next workshop with us!
Date and Time: Every Wednesday 1pm to 5pm
Duration: 4 hours
Max Number per Session: 2
Location: 131 Lorong Semangka, Singapore 698939
HEALTH & SAFETY
The Workshop environment usually gets dusty and noisy. Personal protective equipment(PPE) will be provided, and close supervision is ensured. Heavy tools are used; you may want to wear safety / covered shoes for this workshop experience.
All participants health and safety is of the utmost importance to us. If you show symptoms of fever, shortness of breath or cough, please do not attend the lesson. Please contact us instead.
TERM AND CONDITIONS
A refund of 50% of the workshop fee will be issued for all the cancellations made in writing and received less than 14 days before the workshop date.
No refunds or credits will be issued for No Shows on the day of the workshop.
In the event of session cancellation due to beyond control such as illness, venue availability or bad weather, we reserve the right to cancel the workshop activity at any time. If we cancel the session, a refund will be issue within 14-days of notice.
There is an inherent safety risk involved in any workshop session. By registering for this course Triple Eyelid studio and its employees, etc. with this disclaim all responsibility for any loss, injury or damage happened during the event.
All tools, materials are provided, and no prior knowledge is necessary.