Reclaimed Metal And Wood Bench Workshop (intermediate)
Learn multiple skills in one workshop session on this bench making workshop! Participants will learn to operate basic metal welding and grinding machinery in this 4-hour session.
True to our upcycle principles, the base metal parts are reclaimed ribbars from construction sites while the wooden top is made from reclaimed pallet wood! Ribbars allows us to have a minimalist profile while maintaining structure strength.
For this introductory workshop, participants will be guided one on one with our trainers for a safe and focused workshop session.
What will I learn?
- Understanding the fundamentals of operating industrial machines like bandsaw and mitre saw
- Understanding the basic operations of metal welding
- How to use different machines for different types of cut for woodwork
- Safety tips and tricks to machines and handheld tools
- Proper sanding and oiling technique for woodwork
- Proper grinding and finishing technique for metal work
- How to properly apply food-safe wood oil to the bench
What machine/tools will be used in this workshop?
- Industrial bandsaw
- Welding machine
- Angle grinder
- Mitre saw
- Handheld jigsaw
- Router table
- Sanding machine
- Drill press
- All personal PPE (personal protective equipment) will be provided
What will I bring home?
- A well-finished metal and wood bench made from reclaimed metal and timber
- Knowledge of using various machines and hand tools
- 20% discount to your next workshop with us
Date and Time: Every Friday from 11am to 3pm (refreshment provided)
Duration: 4 hours
Max Number per Session: 2
Location: 131 Lorong Semangka, Singapore 698939
HEALTH & SAFETY
The Workshop environment usually gets dusty and noisy. Personal protective equipment(PPE) will be provided, and close supervision is ensured. Heavy tools are used; you may want to wear safety / covered shoes for this workshop experience.
All participants health and safety is of the utmost importance to us. If you show symptoms of fever, shortness of breath or cough, please do not attend the lesson. Please contact us instead.
TERM AND CONDITIONS
A refund of 50% of the workshop fee will be issued for all the cancellations made in writing and received less than 14 days before the workshop date.
No refunds or credits will be issued for No Shows on the day of the workshop.
In the event of session cancellation due to beyond control such as illness, venue availability or bad weather, we reserve the right to cancel the workshop activity at any time. If we cancel the session, a refund will be issue within 14-days of notice.
There is an inherent safety risk involved in any workshop session. By registering for this course Triple Eyelid studio and its employees, etc. with this disclaim all responsibility for any loss, injury or damage happened during the event.
All tools, materials are provided, and no prior knowledge is necessary.